Benefits of Pineapple
Pineapple is a tropical plant with edible multiple fruit .
Pineapple,Ananas comosus, belongs to theBromeliaceaefamily, from which one of its most important healthpromoting compounds, the enzyme bromelain, was named. The Spanish name for pineapple,pina, and the root of its English name, reflects the fruits visual similarity to the pinecone Pineapples are actually not just one fruit but a composite of many flowers whose individual fruitlets fuse together around a central core. Each fruitlet can be identified by an eye, the rough spiny marking on the pineapples surface.
Although thought to have originated in South America, pineapples were first discovered by Europeans in 1493 on the Caribbean island that came to be known as Guadalupe. When Columbus and other discovers brought pineapples back to Europe, attempts were made to cultivate the sweet, prized fruit until it was realized that the fruits need for a tropical climate inhibited its ability to flourish in this region. By the end of the 16th century, Portuguese and Spanish explorers introduced pineapples into many of their Asian, African and South Pacific colonies, countries in which the pineapple is still being grown today.
3. Pineapples in Colonial America
American colonists regarded pineapples as a luxurious treat because of their rarity and cost. This fruit is rich in Bcomplex group of vitamins like folates, thiamin, pyridoxine, riboflavin and minerals like copper, manganese and potassium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids, helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure. Copper is a helpful cofactor for red blood cell synthesis. Manganese is a cofactor for the enzyme superoxide dismutase, which is a very powerful free radical scavenger.
4. Pineapple Discovery
In 1493, explorer Christopher Columbus found pineapples on Guadeloupe Island in the Caribbean. The fruit is also native to southern Brazil and Paraguay. ? It also contains small amount Vitamin A (provides 58 IU per 100 g) and betacarotene levels. These compounds are known to have antioxidant properties. Vitamin A is also required maintaining healthy mucus membranes, skin and essential for vision. Studies have suggested that consumption of natural fruits rich in flavonoids helps the human body to protect from lung and oral cavity cancers.
5. Possible health benefits of consuming pineapples
Consuming fruits and vegetables of all kinds has long been associated with a reduced risk of many lifestylerelated health conditions. Many studies have suggested that increasing consumption of plant foods like pineapples decreases the risk ofobesityand overall mortality,diabetes,heart diseaseand promotes a healthy complexion and hair, increased energy, overall lower weight.
Makeover Tips For Hair
Hair Accessories For Girls
Know Tie Knots
Benefits of Cloves
Benefits of Beans
Benefits of Marjoram
Home Remedies - Diarrhoea
1. Combine 1 teaspoon each powdered ginger (adrak), powdered cumin (jeera) and powdered cinnamon (dalchini) with honey and make into a thick paste. Take 1 teaspoon thrice daily.
2. Boil 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera) in a glass of water. Add to this 1 teaspoon fresh juice of coriander leaves (dhania) and a pinch of salt. Drink twice daily after meals for 2-3 days.
3. Mash 1 ripe banana along with a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon tamarind pulp (imli ka guda). Take twice a day.
4. Drinking a strong cup of unsweetened black tea is very effective for stopping diarrhoea. Peel an apple and shred it. Keep the shredded pieces in a plate for approximately 20 minutes until they turn brown in colour, and then eat them. Slice the tender unripe bel fruit. Sun dry them. Powder the slices. Take 1 teaspoon along with warm water twice a day.
5. Take every night, 3 cloves of garlic (lasan), chopped and boiled in milk. Make a paste of 1 green chilli along with 2 tablespoon lime juice and ½ teaspoon camphor (kapur). Take ¼ teaspoon of this paste. 2 or 3 teaspoon coriander seeds (saboot dhania) soaked overnight in water and taken next morning with 1 cup buttermilk (chhach).
6. Boil ¼ teaspoon powdered cardamom (chhoti illaichi) seeds in thin tea water and drink. Mix juice of 15-20 tender curry leaves (curry patta) with 1 teaspoon honey and drink.
7. Apply ginger (adrak) juice around the navel.
8. Insert ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (jaiphal) powder inside a ripe banana and eat.