This Apps provides information about Healthy Blood.
1. Get moving
Every morning, take a brisk 15 minute walk.Amazingly, you dont need a lot of exercise to make a difference to your blood pressure. When Japanese researchers asked 168 inactive volunteers with high blood pressure to exercise at a health club for different amounts of time each week for eight weeks, blood pressure levels dropped almost as much in those who exercised for 30 to 90 minutes a week as in those who exercised for more than 90 minutes a week.
2. Monitor your blood pressure regularly
Buy a home blood pressure kit.A study in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that home blood pressure testing can provide a better overall picture of blood pressure levels than readings in a doctors surgery. In the study, surgery readings failed to identify 13 percent of patients who had high blood pressure only when measured in the surgery (white-coat hypertension), and 9 percent who had high blood pressure at home but not in the surgery. In addition, a study presented at the 2004 European Society of Hypertension meeting found that people who monitored their blood pressure at home had lower overall blood pressure than those who had their pressure taken only at the doctors surgery.
3. Munch on nutritious snacks
Dip tortilla chips in guacamole.Why Avocados have more blood-pressure-lowering potassium than any other fruit or vegetable, including bananas. Canadian men and women should get 4,700 mg of potassium every day, but many get just half this amount.Eat a handful of dried apricots every afternoon.Like bananas, apricots are a particularly good source of potassium. Plus they have lots of fibre, iron and beta carotene. The drying process actually increases the concentration of these nutrients, which are all good for your circulatory system. And as a snack, dried apricots are low in calories roughly eight total just 100 calories. Look out for an unsulphured brand. Snack on roasted soybeans for a crunchy, nutrient-packed munch.Studies show that people with high blood pressure can lower their systolic readings by an average of 10 points by eating 30 g of roasted soybeans (also called soy nuts) a day for two weeks. The beans are available at some supermarkets and health-food stores. Make sure you buy them unsalted.
4. Add flaxseeds to food
Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds on your yogurt in the morning and mix 2 tablespoons into your ice cream, soup, spaghetti sauce or other food later in the day. One small study found that adding 4 tablespoons of the seeds significantly lowered systolic blood pressure (the top number) in postmenopausal women with a history of heart disease. Flaxseeds are rich in many nutrients and in fibre.
5. Choose a better beverage
Drink tea instead of coffee.An Australian study found that each one cup increase in daily tea consumption decreased systolic blood pressure by 2 points and diastolic pressure by 1 point. But the benefits ended after 4 cups.
8. Drink a glass of orange juice every morning and another at night.
One U.S. study found that this lowered systolic blood pressure by an average of 7 percent and diastolic blood pressure by an average of 4.6 percentthanks to the high levels of potassium in orange juice.
Benefits of Bitter Gourd
Rules to play Net ball
Uncommon Fruits and Veggies
Amazing US Lakes for Summer Vacation
Home Remedies - Scars removal from face
1. Blanch & grind a few almonds to a fine paste with 2 tablespoon milk and one tablespoon each of orange & carrot juice. Apply well on face and neck. Leave for ½ hour, then wash off.
2. Apply one tablespoon finely ground raw papaya on face and neck. Keep for 15-20 minutes and wash off.
3. Wash face with coconut water (nariyal pani). Apply coconut water on face and leave for 15-20 minute before washing it off.
4. Grind one teaspoon yellow mustard (peeli rai) to a paste with 1 tablespoon malai/cream & apply on face and neck. Leave for 15-20 minutes. This also removes itching as well as blemishes from the skin.
5. Wash & grind a few fresh mint (pudina) leaves to a smooth paste. Apply & leave for ½ hour or apply every night before going to sleep. This helps in getting rid of pimples along with the blemishes.
6. Apply a teaspoon of olive oil mixed with ½ a teaspoon of lime juice. Leave it for 20-25 minute & then wash off.
7. Take the pulp of a ripe tomato. Add a few drops of lemon juice & rub on the face and neck. Leave for 20-25 minute. Wash off.
8. If your skin is dry, rub a stick of sandalwood in milk & if skin is oily rub it in rose water (gulab jal) and then apply on face. Leave for an hour and then wash with cold water. Very effective during summers.
9. For a dry & blemished skin, mix a tablespoon gram flour (besan), add a pinch of turmeric (haldi), ¼ teaspoon orange peel (santare ka chilka) powder, a teaspoon curd (dahi) & a teaspoon milk. Apply on face & neck. When skin feels taunt, rub it off with finger tips or wash off with tap water.