HealthShlok.com
Myth about Alcohol
The term alcohol originally referred to the primary alcohol ethyl alcohol,
26. SOME BOOTLEG WINES WERE MADE WITH COCKROACHES
T. P. Hunt of Wyoming, Pennsylvania claimed that it was common practice for winemakers to lazily put a bag of cockroaches into a bottle of ordinary liquor and leave it there until it dissolved, thus replicating the famed Madeira aftertaste.
27. MOST BEER DRINKERS DIE OF DROPSY
Recent scientific findings proved that the majority of beer drinkers die of dropsy. Though some have recently suggested that alcoholism is indeed linked to the disorder, Hunts assertion is, mildlyput, a huge exaggeration.
28. ALCOHOL CAN GIVE YOU A 25POUND LIVER
The average human liver weighs somewhere in the vicinity of 3.5 pounds (roughly 1.5 kilograms) and the fact that excessive alcohol consumption can wreak havoc upon the vital organ is common knowledge. But this cautionary advice wasnt terrifying enough for temperance newsletters, one of which wrote that in some cases the liver [of a drinker] reaches an enormous weight, fifteen, and even twenty to twentyfive pounds being not uncommon.
29. Everyone drinks
Although 31% of teens said theyve drank alcohol in the past month that still leaves 69% who did not! If you choose not to drink, youre definitely not alone.
30. I can sober up quickly if I need to
Taking a shower, drinking 10 cups of coffee or eating a loaf of bread will help you sober up, think again. The only think your body needs is time depending on your weight, it takes about three hours to eliminate every two drinks youve had that night.


  • Health Calculators
  • Chhath Puja Celebration
  • Why One Should Visit Kashmir
  • Class 9 - Triangle and Its Angles
  • Benefits of Black Pepper
  • Class 9 - Floatation
  • What to Eat in Bihar
  • What to Eat in Goa
  • Summer Drinks

  • SuperFood - Hot Peppers

    What makes hot peppers hot is a group of six acids called capsaicinoids, primarily capsaicin. These compounds likely evolved because they discourage animals from eating the peppers and act as anti-fungal agents. But they have such a powerful and unique effect on the nerves and tissues of mammals, including humans, that they are being studied for a variety of possible health benefits.
    Both in the laboratory and in animal studies, capsaicin has been shown to kill prostate cancer cells and to inhibit the onset of tumor growth and cell mutations that might lead to cancer. Some studies have also suggested that capsaicin may have a role to play in curbing obesity and treating type 1 diabetes, because it appears to reduce the amount of insulin needed to lower blood sugar after a meal. It also appears to inhibit the growth of Helicobacter pylori, the bacterium that causes 80 percent of stomach ulcers. Because of its profound effect on nerves, it is used in a variety of pain-relief therapies. And because it acts on Substance P, which is involved in the body’s inflammatory response, it may turn out to be a strong anti-inflammatory.
    Studies have shown that countries where the cuisine includes a lot of hot pepper have lower rates of heart disease and stroke.
    Hot peppers are also high in vitamins A and C, the B vitamins (especially B6), and the minerals potassium, magnesium, and iron.
    Nutritional Facts :
    One raw hot chili pepper provides 18 calories, 4.3 g carbohydrate, 0.9 g protein, 0.1 g fat, 0.7 g dietary fiber, 347 IU vitamin A, 109 mg vitamin C, 11 mcg folic acid, 153 mg potassium, 3 mg sodium, 21 mg phosphorus, 8 mg calcium, 11 mg magnesium, and 0.14 mg zinc.
    More ...


    Shlok Consultants