Myth about Allergies
An allergy is a hypersensitivity disorder of the immune system. Symptoms include red eyes etc.
1. Allergies are a nondestructive problem
Allergies are a serious problem and should be treated effectively. If left untreated, allergies can lead to impaired quality of life, including sleep and learning ability, as well as missed school and work days. Untreated allergies can also result in chronic respiratory problems, such as asthma and sinusitis, or dermatologic disorders, such as eczema and urticaria (hives). Some allergies, such as food allergies, drug allergies, or insect allergies, can even lead to a life threatening reaction called anaphylaxis.
2. Consuming local honey helps relieve seasonal allergy symptoms
Many people think savoring local honey will inoculate them against the allergens in their area (or at least boost tolerance). It seems logical, but its actually airborne pollen from trees, grass and weeds that spurs spring sniffles, not large, sticky flower pollen that is carried by bees to make honey.It s true that bees collect pollen from plants and honey has pollens in it from the local area. The wind carried pollens from trees, grasses and weeds that cause seasonal allergies are very light and stay airborne for a long time. The pollen in bee honey comes from flowers, and is very heavy and falls to the ground.
3. Allergies cause autism
There is presently no evidence linking allergies to autism and either in a child with allergies or a mother affected by allergies with a child in uteri.Autism is a very hard diagnosis to receive and parents are looking for a reason why it happened, but we do them a disservice when we point towards false leads and junk science. For example, the vaccine autism connection was refuted when the author of a controversial paper (Andrew Wakefield) was found to have fabricated data in order to make the correlation. Even though the study was discredited, it resulted in vaccination rates going down and a resurgence of measles and whooping cough.
4. Allergies arent Genetic
If both of your parents have allergies, you stand a good chance of developing them too.
5. Allergy shots don t work
Allergy shots ( immunotherapy ) are very effective. However, they cant be used to treat some allergies, such as food allergies. If you have an allergy to insect venom, the shots are effective in 98 percent of cases. They also work to control hay fever about 85 percent of the time.For the last 20 years, allergy shots have become more sophisticated and fine tuned, Costa said. The shots are typically given to people with the most severe symptoms. In 2014, we have a much better chance of using the right dosages of allergens than we did with your grandfather s allergy shots, he said. The FDA has recently approved daily tablets that dissolve under the tongue as an alternative to allergy shots, but they are only available for ragweed or grass pollens.
Success Tips For Life
Terrifying Rulers Of The Underworld
Rules to play Mountaineering
Class 9 - Area of Parallelogram and Triangles
Loan Balance Calculator
Top Fastest Bikes in theworld
Tips to get ready for Study
Home Remedies - Fever
1. Extract 1 teaspoon each juice of tulsi leaves and bel flowers. Add 1 teaspoon honey. Take twice a day.
2. Tea made by boiling 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi dana), taken twice or thrice a day provides excellent remedy. (A little honey or lemon juice can be added to improve the flavour).
3. Grind a few roots of the mango tree into a fine paste and apply on the palm and soles of the patients.
4. The neem leaf decoction taken with pepper powder lowers temperature.
5. ½ teaspoon ground pepper is mixed in warm water along with 1 teaspoon palm candy (sugar obtained from palm). This drink is taken at bedtime. w Fruit juice taken frequently.
6. Regular intake of a pinch of saffron (kesar).
7. Apply sandalwood paste on the forehead to bring the temperature down.
8. Boil 2 tablespoon fennel seeds (saunf) in 1 teacup water till it is reduced to half. Filter. Take 1 tablespoon every morning and evening for a few days. (This filtrate, when used to wash the eyes frequently, is reported to strengthen the eye muscles. It is a good cleansing lotion for inflamed eyes.)